Thursday, December 10, 2015

#FlashbackFriday ---- Great Movie Lines ---- "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"


Classic movies are one of my inspirations when I'm working on my story game. What I have found is, modern people are probably too sophisticated. And I love two fools. One is Forrest Gump. Another is Mr. Smith ("Mr. Smith goes to Washington", 1939). They both have that kind of ‘’wisdom of fool’’. 

Source link of the following scripts (when Smith Jefferson was discussing his “something else…the spirit of it--- the idea…” with Miss Saunders): 


                Jefferson

I want to make that come to life---
Yes, and lighted up like that, too ---
for every boy in the land. Boys forget
what their country means – just reading 
“land of the free” in history books. 
And they get to be men – and forget 
even more. Liberty is too precious 
to get buried in books, Miss Saunders.
Men ought to hold it up in front of 
them – every day of their lives and 
say: “I am free – to think – to speak.
My ancestors couldn’t. I can. My 
children will. “



No comments:

Post a Comment